Saturday, November 4, 2017

Holy Fucking Shit

Thug Rose, round 1 KO.

Is this real life?

When I first saw Namajunas fight, I was really excited about the idea of her getting to the top, but damned if I ever expected it to happen now, against this champion. It seems like she's been around so long it's impossible she's only twenty-five, and that experience is why she's able to be a champion at what is quite a young age, but holy shit!

I'm super happy for her. I hope she can hang on to the title for a while, and I hope the UFC gives her a platform to be positive the way they give others a platform to talk shit. She's one of those people who refrains from negativity while also not being boring as shit. She can pull interest from fans who will love the fact she's a champion badass and high-level human being all at once, if they expose her to those fans.

She's going to have to keep the title and snag a couple defenses to really hit her popularity stride. I like Joanna, and I would have been happy to see her keep the belt, but now I hope she moves to 125 and Rose can hang on to this title for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment